Air Conditioner Repair in Richmond, VA
Licensed and Friendly Pros, Here to Resolve Your AC Issue Fast
At Freezone, we understand how frustrating it can be to deal with a broken AC system. So we go above and beyond for our customers, starting by hiring technicians experienced enough to repair ALL AC makes and models. If you're located within 10 miles of our office, we'll waive your diagnostic fee, keeping more of your money right where it belongs: in your wallet. We're proud to offer discounts to military personnel and senior citizens, as well as 24/7 emergency service to all of our customers. And with our 1-year warranty on labor, you're protected from paying more for a repair you already paid for.
- Emergency 24/7 service
- ALL brands and models repaired
- Convenient same-day service
On this page
For AC repairs in Richmond, choose Freezone!
When your AC is malfunctioning, you need a reliable team of professionals who can deliver honest recommendations and top-quality repairs. At Freezone, we guarantee just that. Our technicians receive ongoing training to ensure they are well-versed in the latest techniques and technologies, making them some of the most knowledgeable experts in Richmond. Furthermore, we conduct thorough background checks on all our technicians to ensure that you can trust the person entering your home. At Freezone, we prioritize your satisfaction and safety above all else.
Looking for how much an AC repair costs in Richmond, VA?
- Low $90
- Our Average $425
- High $900
What affects the cost?
The factors which impact the cost of an AC repair include:
- The parts repaired or replaced: When it comes to air conditioner repairs, the cost of replacement parts is often the biggest expense, especially for more expensive components such as the air compressor. While you can't do much about the cost of parts, you can hire a company that offers fixed-price quotes (like Freezone for example) so that labor costs don't spiral out of control.
- Warranty coverage: There are two types of warranties that protect your air conditioning system: parts and labor. The manufacturer covers parts warranties, ensuring that you don't have to pay out of pocket for replacement parts. On the other hand, the contractor who installed or repaired your system last covers labor warranties, ensuring that you don't have to pay out of pocket for labor.
- System age and condition: The age and condition of your air conditioning system play a significant role in the cost of repairs. Parts become more challenging to find and more expensive to replace over time, especially beyond ten years when warranties tend to fall off. Furthermore, the number of repairs per year tends to increase and become more expensive over time. Freezone always recommends the best solution for our customers, including replacement systems, when necessary, but we never push you to do so. The decision is always yours!
How much does a diagnostic cost at Freezone?
If you're within 10 miles of our headquarters in North Chesterfield, your diagnostic is ALWAYS free. For homeowners outside of this range, diagnostics during regular business hours are just $79. We also offer after-hour repair diagnostics for $149.Schedule my diagnostic
Your AC repair in three easy steps
Step 1: Request a diagnostic visit
When you're ready to schedule an AC repair with Freezone, simply give us a call at (804) 399-1234 or book a repair online. We offer convenient 2-hour service windows to help you plan your day better around the repair. Plus, if you're within our Free Zone, your diagnostic is 100% FREE.
Step 2: Receive a repair quote from Freezone
A licensed expert from Freezone will arrive within the 2-hour appointment window and ask you a few questions to get a better idea of what's going on. In most cases, we'll have the issue identified in just a few minutes. We will try to give you repair options whenever possible, and we'll never sell you a part you don't need. You'll receive an upfront, fixed-price quote for the work, either via email or printed for your convenience. Once you agree to the work, we'll get started!
Step 3: Sit back and relax. We've got you covered!
At Freezone, we believe in providing quick and efficient AC repair services to our customers. Our service vehicles are always fully stocked with spare parts and tools to ensure that 99% of our visits result in same-day repairs. In the rare case that we have to order a special part, we'll work with you to schedule a convenient time to complete the repairs in the near future. We also take the time to answer any questions or concerns you may have so that you feel confident and satisfied with our services.
Prompt, knowledgeable, and efficient...definitely recommend
“Jonathan was AWESOME!!! Let me go back to the beginning. I came home at about 6 PM to a HOT house. I logged on to Home Advisor, did a search, and was referred to 3 companies. Before I could make the first phone call, FreeZone was calling me--less than 3 minutes after my query!! I was told they could come out first thing the next morning (I refuse to pay the emergency fee...lol). I know my unit is old, but they did not try to sell me a unit. They honestly told me all I needed was coolant. Jonathan was prompt, knowledgeable, and efficient. He walked me through the entire process, and to me that speaks wonders! I will definitely recommend and call them for my future HVAC needs.”—Quiana F. | Richmond, VA
See why we're rated 4.9 out of 5 on Google.
Serving Richmond and the surrounding area since 2015
Freezone delivers heating and cooling comfort to homeowners in the Richmond metro area and its suburbs. From Midlothian to Mechanicsville, and Glen Allen all the way down to Chester, you can always count on Freezone to be there when you need us.
Freezone's repair diagnostics are FREE for customers within a 10-mile radius of our headquarters in Richmond City, just off the Midlothian Turnpike.
We service these and other cities in Richmond, Virginia:
- Bon Air